Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Year 3! Can It Be?

Well, it is.  Hard to believe.  Two years ago I was just settling into Bellevue, scrambling to get my classroom set up, and praying hard that God would be with me.

He was.  I just didn't have eyes to see.  I won't give a complete recap of what happened, but I will say this: it wasn't good.  However, God is good.  He remains faithful to his own, even when we are faithless.

I am thankful for his work in me.  More than that, though, I am thankful for his work outside of me, namely, Christ's substitutionary atoning (wrath absorbing) death on the cross for my sins.  Not to mention his perfect righteous life that he credits to my account.

This is the gospel, and I need it every day.  And not just at the beginning of the day, but all day long.  It is a life of repentance and faith in Christ.  His blood has ransomed me forever.  There is therefore now no condemnation.  Praise God!

1 comment:

Skarda Family said...

I'll be keeping you in my prayers as year 3 begins for you! I hope it's a fantastic year for you. :)