Let me ask you a question: do you love unbelievers? I mean, when you speak with them, do you have a deep sense of compassion for their souls, remembering that you were once one? I realize that they are dishonoring God with their lives. Yes, we should be zealous for God's glory, but how does that come across in your interactions with people outside the faith?
Do you look down on them? Is there a sense of superiority that you understand the doctrines of grace and they don't have a clue? Have you forgotten that you are in their shoes apart from God's kindness to you in Christ?
What did it take for you to believe...someone who didn't really care and just shared the gospel out of duty or a warped sense of making God happy by dropping the message on you, or was it a real friend who shared your struggles and remained gentle and open to you, even after you rejected his initial attempts at proclaiming the good news to your heart?
I think the latter gets closer to the heart of what it really means to love.
No comments:
Post a Comment