January feels like August in many ways. The stress of starting new concepts in every subject. The difficulty of getting kids to behave and follow directions. The lack of motivation to grade papers and plan lessons. That being said, it has been a tough month.
I still battle sin each day. Teaching, I'm realizing, is just one of those professions where your heart is exposed over and over through trying situations. I trust God is using these to sanctify me, but my progress seems slow.
Thankfully, God does not accept me on the basis of my level of spiritual maturity. In fact, he does not even accept me because I want to change (because I do not even want that for the right reasons sometimes). I am accepted on the basis of Christ's finished work on the cross. He alone makes me acceptable to God by having bore the wrath I deserve to endure and by having provided the righteousness (or perfect obedience) that I am required to have.
No comments:
Post a Comment