Friday, November 7, 2008

The Other Beacon Article

Recently one Saturday night in the Hub, I was eating with a friend and fellow senior when we started reminiscing about our time at Northwestern. “Would you do it all over again?” my friend asked, to which I replied, “Yeah, I would.” This may sound strange coming from someone who transferred out after his first semester and was determined to graduate in three years, but it is true. (By the way, I came back a week later, and this is my fourth year at Northwestern.) I would not trade the last 3 ½ years at Northwestern for anything. Granted, they have had their ups and downs, but overall I am genuinely grateful for the education and experiences that Northwestern College has afforded me. (Who would have imagined that I would have been to Taiwan twice and the Middle East once before graduation?) However, what I am not ready to concede is that the college years were “the best years of my life.”

The last 3 ½ years at Northwestern have been great, but God has more in store for me than I could ever think or imagine. How can I say that my time at Northwestern College was best when I have yet to experience the joys and struggles of marriage, children, full-time missions, teaching, and so much more? Who knows what the Lord has for me next and who can possibly say that it will not be as good as or even better than what I am experiencing right now? One thing is for sure. The best years of my life will be spent face to face with Jesus.

No comments: