Saturday, May 31, 2008

Celtics-Lakers

I have been watching more basketball now that summer is here and the playoffs are on, and it has made me realize some things.

Growing up, basketball was my god. I idolized Michael Jordan and did everything I could to learn more about him and be like him.

Now that I am a Christian, Jesus is my God. I ought to do everything I can to get to know him better and imitate his way of life.

It is easy to fall in love with the world and what it has to offer. That is why Jesus said, "The gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few" (Matthew 7:14).

It takes new eyes to see and a new heart to feel that Christ is more beautiful and more valuable than anything else in the universe.

No comments: